|So the summer sales are on! The bad news, doesn't summer fly by after the fourth of July. And the back to school stuff is already in the front rows at the stores (it is TOO SOON)! There is good news. I have found some mom friendly fall fashion on sale now! The J. Crew Site is an extra 40% off sale for the sweater and jeans. The Madewell boots are not on sale online- but are in stores with an extra 40 % off (may have snagged a pair with such a walkable heel and love her style). The camo coat is reduced at Nasty Gal from $88.00 to $40.00! And J. Crew factory is 40% off too for the bag. What are you buying this summer sale season?|
Monday, July 29, 2013
Saturday, July 27, 2013
|Dress: J. Crew on sale now with extra 40% off!// Wedges: J. Crew Seville (last year) .// Bag: Old navy (no longer available but cute straw bag here. //Sunglasses: Foster Grant //Necklaces: Chanel and J. Crew Factory. // Bracelets: stella and dot, rope Ralph Lauren Boys.|
I thought I would share a few things I have learned (the hard way) over the years for making good purchase choices that help make your wardrobe work. There is nothing worse than looking in a full closet and thinking " I have nothing to wear"!
1) Be realistic about two things - what your lifestyle is and what your body shape is. I am a mom who works in health care and wears scrubs to work, so I just don't need tons of blazers and dressy pants even those these are some of my favorite items. My money is just better spent on jeans, sweaters, and cool jackets and boots. I also have a boyish figure so drop waists and voluminous tops/ pants don't usually work. It has taken me many years to be realistic about what to buy so I don't have things hanging unworn in my closet. For example, I never really buy fancy dresses anymore because I just don't have occasion to wear them, and if I do I turn to renttherunway.com
2) Buy comfy shoes. Now I am not saying don't buy heels because I love heels. However, I am realistic knowing what my heel height limit is and ensuring I can actually walk in the shoes I buy. These wedges are a great example...with a 3 " heel and a platform I can walk and keep these on for hours. How many of us have shoes in our closet that we overlook because they just well ..hurt.
3) Think about price per wear. See a really pricey item that you just love? Well, it might be a great investment if it's something you will use frequently and wear for years. A classic Chanel bag or Burberry trench ...buy. The $400.00 leather peplum top .....NO! Buy a cheaper version from forever 21.
4) Let bloggers inspire you but keep in mind if you will actually wear the item. As someone who loves to read and follow fashion blogs can tempt you to buy an item you otherwise wouldn't have come across. While this is a great thing about blogging it can also be wallet unfriendly. Before I buy I force myself to think of the item in at least two outfits and at least 2-3 places I might actually wear it. If I can't do that then chances are the item will just hang in the closet!
5) Take stock of your closet with bi-yearly closet clean outs. Get rid of items (donate, sell, consign, trade) you haven't worn in 1-2 years.
I would love to hear your tips about how you make your wardrobe work for you?
Posted by super chic mom at 6:16 AM
Saturday, July 20, 2013
|Top: J . Crew ( appears sold out but similar tee version here ). //Shorts: Loft (spring) similar from J. crew . // Sandals: Old Navy and under $10.00! // Necklace: Chanel sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs.|
Posted by super chic mom at 5:55 PM
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
|I find myself needing some stronger anti aging products these days and wanted to share with you some strong wrinkle fighters that I actually think are really helping my skin. I alternate the Dr. Brandt Glow (retinol) 3-4 days a week with the philosophy hope in a jar (glycolic acid cream). After really searching for something to keep my lips plump, I found this Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle lip loaded with peptides. It stings a bit when you first put it on but I do feel my lips are plumper, even around the edges, so the "bleeding" lipstick effect is reduced. You definitely need to bump up your SPF use in the day to prevent sunburn and skin sensitivity. These products aren't the cheapest but I find they last months, and can usually find a coupon code. FYI: Philosophy.com site is up to 30% 0ff. I always loved a tan but am now paying the price with wrinkles and discoloration. Now I satisfy my need for color with self tanner and bronzing powder. (Model pic is from Polyvore....I wish I looked that good with no make up!) Do you have any recommendations for products you feel work well on wrinkles...? Please share!|
Saturday, July 6, 2013
|Pants: J. Crew Minnie. / Shirt: J. Crew Factory (similar here). / Blazer: J. crew Factory (super old). Wedges: J. crew Seville last years. Necklace: J. Crew Factory now 50% off. Shirt last seen here.|
Posted by super chic mom at 1:06 PM
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
|Shirt: J. Crew ( fall) but similar here. / Jeans: J. Brand (on sale now with extra 25% off / Flats: Tory Burch edie/ Sunglasses: Number One from E-bay / Necklaces: Chanel and J. Crew Factory. / Trench (below) Bebe (super old).|
Posted by super chic mom at 6:16 PM